Sunday 19 December 2010

Day 11 - My fish has had babies

I crawled out of bed at 1pm and switched on my tank lights to count the fish and to my shock i saw a tiny fish, i panicked as did not want it eaten so set up a small netted enclosure and caught it, and yes its a small fry.
I have since counted another two at the bottom of the tank but will be hard to catch. They are very very fast and also blend in with the gravel a lot.

I was not expecting to have fry so soon after getting the fish a few days ago.

will they mostly been eaten already by parents?
will they be eaten?

what should I do?, what do i feed them etc?????????????????????????????????


***EDIT***
Its now 3pm and I have now recovered 4 fry and seperated them from the adults. I dont think any others are left now, probably all eaten.



0 comments:

Post a Comment