Wednesday 15 December 2010

Day 2 - Friday 10th December 2010

I needed something for the tank to sit on, I had planned on having the tank on a table I had but I discovered it was not strong enough as once you fill it with water and other things it would have collapsed under the weight.

I did not have any other tables or units I could have used so opted to have the tank on the floor as it is a solid concrete floor so strong enough and also no worries that the tank could fall over.

I did not want the tank on the bare floor so using some wood I had i was able to create a small platform and the tank is about 2 inches off the ground now.

I placed 3 x boards on the floor with the top of the table I had planned on using, (I ended up taking it to bits as it was no good for much else), and then created a small covering board around the sides mainly to protect the tank from accidental hits from the likes of vacuum the floor.



 Later on in the evening after the tank was in place, I filled the tank up to check for leaks, I never realised how much water was involved in filling it, it quite surprised me how much 120 litres actually is.


Once the tank was filled I connected up the filter pump to test it, I did not attach any filter media as the main objective was to check for leaks., so just connected up the pump and plugged it into the power and let it operate for 24 hours.




0 comments:

Post a Comment